Late Returns and Lost Materials
Materials that are not returned by the due date may result in the accrual of fines. The policy provides for the following provisions that apply to students and community borrowers:
- $.50 per day per item with a maximum of $15 per item.
- $ 1.00 per hour per reserve item with a maximum of $15 per item.
- $ 1.00 per day for recalled items
- Maximum fine of $75 for all materials checked out to one person and due on the same day
- Nine day grace period after the due date during which no fines are charged. If the items is not returned within nine days, fines accrue starting with the due date.
- Days that the library is closed are not considered in fine accrual.
- Anyone with overdue items or unpaid fines in excess of $10 will be denied borrowing privileges.
- Administrative holds on grades, transcripts and registration are applied for students with overdue materials or outstanding fines.
An item is declared lost after having an overdue status for at least 30 days. At that time, a bill is generated listing the replacement value of the item along with a $15 reprocessing fee. Fines are not charged when replacement and reprocessing fees are paid.