Briggs Library Associates organized to bring together Morris friends who love books, who enjoy cultural pursuits, and who believe in supporting an important campus and regional intellectual resource.
Briggs Library Associates know that Rodney A. Briggs Library is vital to Morris’s future and an important regional and community asset. The library's purpose illustrates serving the campus community as well as the citizens of west central Minnesota. Briggs Library provides access to books, journals, and numerous electronic resources for scholarly activities, for research, and for pure pleasure of learning and reading.
Briggs Library Associates speak out for the needs of the facility and advocate growth and improvements. They are ambassadors on campus and in the community, promoting the library’s resources and encouraging its use.
Briggs Library Associates provide programming and exhibits that enrich the cultural, intellectual, and artistic life of the community and region.
As a Briggs Library Associate, you will play an important role in the future of the Rodney A. Briggs Library. Your contributions, financial gifts, leadership skills, suggestions, and ideas are appreciated and welcomed.
Annual Levels of Support
- UMN Morris Student $10
- Contributor $30
- Donor $60
- Friend $125
- Sponsor $250
- Patron $500
- Benefactor $1,000
- Group business and corporation $125
- Group nonprofit organizations $60
- Business and Corporations $125
Gifts of all amounts are appreciated. Please contact Angela Vetsch for questions about Briggs Library Associates or for membership information.
Briggs Library Associates welcomes proposals from individuals or groups for partnerships or co-sponsorships to make events possible for the enjoyment and enrichment of the UMM and surrounding communities. You are invited to complete the online form outlining the details of the proposal. A response from the Briggs Library Associates will be forwarded as soon as decision is made.
If you have unused or unwanted books, think of the Briggs Library Associates. The Briggs Library Associates are always accepting donated items for its annual book sale in the fall. To arrange delivery of a book sale donation, please contact Angela Vetsch.
BLA Student Art Awards
As a way of permanently show-casing the artistic talent of University of Minnesota, Morris students and enhancing the library facility, Rodney A. Briggs Library Associates sponsors two student art art awards each year. BLA selects one piece from the Juried Art Exhibit and one piece from the Senior Art Show. Selections are made by a member of the Associates, a library staff member and a student.
BLA Stduent Art Award Winners
2022 BLA Award Winners
- Maiya Orstad Brings: Pox
- Margo Finneran-Fiyckt: The Tear Causes the Spill
- Rhiannon Glazier: Mushroom Ladies
- Solvi Wagstrom: Musophobia
2021 BLA Award Winners
- Gillian Orth: Overgrown
- Velora Wilson: Journal to One's Happiness
2020 BLA Award Winner
- Belinda Threadgil: Educate Them
2019 BLA Award Winner
- Anneliese Tatham: Nourish and Seed Stories
- Bray Benoist: Last Hunt
2018 BLA Award Winners
- Frances Burr: Crocodile
- Emily Klarer: Turtle Lady
2017 BLA Award Winners
- Naomi Ballard: Woman Restrained
- Matthew Sheets: Time and Place
Rodney A. Briggs Library Associates Board of Directors
- Alisande Allaben, President
- Aaron Wenzel, Past President
- Josh Johnson, Vice President
- Elizabeth Morrison, Secretary
- Julia Dabbs, Vicki Dalager, Cheryl Roepke, Members-At-Large
- John Barber, MCSA Representative
- Jennifer Zych Herrmann, Advancement ex-officio member
- Angela Vetsch, Library Director, ex-officio