The Instruction Lab is located on the third floor of Briggs Library. It contains 23 PC computers, an instructor work station, a white board, and a projector.
The purpose of the Instruction Lab is to support student research needs. Primary use of the Instruction Lab is for library and information literacy instruction with a librarian or for student work on research assignments. The lab may also be reserved by the library or the Office of Academic Success for instructional purposes, such as student registration and library/staff training. During times when instruction is not scheduled, the lab is open for general computer use.
Priority of Use of the Instruction Lab
- Primary use of the Instruction Lab is for library and information literacy instruction taught by a librarian at the request of teaching faculty. Faculty is expected to be present for the duration of instruction sessions.
- The Instruction Lab is also available for non-class sessions led by the library or the Office of Academic Success , such as student registration or campus/library training.
- During an instructional session only enrolled students of the class and the instructor may be in the room.
- When no sessions are scheduled, the Instruction Lab is available for general use by students, faculty, and staff.
- The Instruction Lab is NOT available on an ongoing basis, such for a regularly scheduled class or committee meetings. Any questions regarding acceptable usage may be directed to the Instruction Coordinator
- UMM faculty and staff may reserve the Instruction Lab for any of the above uses by contacting the Instruction Coordinator at 320-589- 6227 or emailing email@example.com.
- Lab reservations are posted weekly outside the lab door.
- Room is cleared out and reserved for your class. Please notify the library of any cancellations and arrive on time.
- Faculty is expected to be present for the duration of the instruction sessions.
General Computer Use
- The lab's schedule for each day is posted next to the entrance.
- All patrons using computers at Briggs Library must abide by the "Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources" policy.
- There is no printer in the lab; all print jobs are sent to the PaperCut or cash printers at the Circulation Desk on the second floor.