Materials not returned within 30 days of the due date will be declared lost and the borrower will be billed the replacement cost plus a processing fee. Reminders of due dates and materials declared lost are sent by email, but the borrower is responsible for checking their library accounts for the status and due dates of items checked out. Overdue fines for most items in the library’s collection have been eliminated. However, the following overdue fee policies still apply:
- Fines for course reserve items are $1.00 per hour per reserve item with a maximum of $15 per item.
- Fines for recalled items are $1.00 per day.
- Fines for overdue interlibrary loan items are $.50 per day per item with a maximum of $15.00 per item.
- Anyone with overdue items in excess of $10 may be denied borrowing privileges.
- Replacement fees and overdue fines will be charged to borrower’s accounts and will be invoiced within the university’s financial system.
- Borrowers may come in to the library and pay fees prior to being billed through the financial system if they so choose.
Questions or concerns may be submitted through Ask a Librarian.