The Meriam-Webster Dictionary Online defines “plagiarize” as an act where an individual does “steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one’s own...without crediting the source.” Please use the following resources to gain a better understanding of what plagiarism is, how to prevent it, and what the University of Minnesota policies are regarding it.
- Academic Integrity Tutorial (Canvas): University of Minnesota Morris
- Avoiding Plagiarism: University of Minnesota Center For Writing
- Student Conduct Code: Details University of Minnesota policy in regard to plagiarism as well as advice for avoiding it.
- Quoting and Paraphrasing: University of Wisconsin, Madison, The Writing Center.
- Writing--Avoiding Plagiarism: Univeristy of Minnesota Resources