Briggs Library's Response to COVID-19
- The library will be open 8:00 - 4:30 on Friday, August 14, and Monday-Tuesday, August 17-18th.
- Regular hours will begin on August 19th.
- In order to reduce person-to-person contact, Briggs Library will close at 11:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday nights.
Health & Safety Precautions
- Sanitation stations will be available on each floor. Patrons are encouraged to disinfect areas before and after use.
- Masks are required on-campus and in Briggs Library.
- In keeping with health guidelines, the library will quarantine materials for 72 hours before making them available for public use again.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines in the library and keep a six foot distance from others.
- Whiteboard markers and erasers are available at the main desk. Just ask!
- Briggs Library will be offering on-call and virtual assistance fall semester. Chat, text, email or call a librarian with a question.
- If you want to speak with a librarian in-person simply let the main desk know and a meeting will be arranged momentarily. For more information see Ask A Librarian.
Briggs Books By Mail
For students only taking online classes at UMN Morris and who are unable to come to campus, Briggs Library can mail physical items. Some restrictions apply. See our webpage for details.
Briggs Library will be offering Zoom instruction sessions fall semester. Contact Instruction Coordinator Peter Bremer to request a session for your class.
- Additional study rooms have been made available for student use.
- Third floor study rooms have been equipped with desktop computers and webcams.
Due to social distancing requirements, Briggs Library will not be able to have in-person events. We are planning on hosting several virtual trivia nights as well as Asking the Big Questions discussions via Zoom.